Oxford Handbook of Nutrition and Dietetics
Fully updated, the Oxford Handbook of Nutrition and Dietetics, second edition is a practical quick-reference guide to the vital and valued subject of nutrition in the prevention and treatment of disease and the maintenance of good health.
- Fully updated with the latest evidence-based guidelines and knowledge
- Practical and concise quick reference guide to the whole field of nutrition and dietetics
- Covers the important and growing problem of obesity
- Includes the nutritional science which underpins the application of nutrition
- Covers the entire lifecycle from preconception to old age
New to this edition
- Fully updated to include the current knowledge, guidance and recommendations from NICE and other professional bodies
- Includes a new chapter on 'International nutrition'
- Incorporates new topics on functional foods, especially neutrogenomics and personalized nutrition
- Websites and online sources updated and expanded
- More figures and diagrams included
Fully updated, the Oxford Handbook of Nutrition and Dietetics, second edition is a practical quick-reference guide to the vital and valued subject of nutrition in the prevention and treatment of disease and the maintenance of good health. This handbook will be an invaluable companion for all dieticians, nutritionists, and nurses, as well as doctors and students in a variety of specialities.
Concise and bulleted, this handbook takes an integrated approach which facilitates the links between all aspects of nutrition and dietetics. Including nutritional science and based on clinical evidence, it covers everything you will need to be able to carry out your role effectively and confidently. Sections on obesity and a new chapter on international nutrition are timely and topical. Also included is information on nutrition assessment, popular diets, nutrition in systems-based diseases, rarer conditions, as well as helpful lists of foods rich in or free from certain nutrients, and normal range guides and handy reference values. This handbook makes sure the relevant information is at your fingertips whenever you need it, with links to further reading and online sources.
Readership: Dietitians, nutritionists, and nurses, especially those working in primary care and the community; undergraduate and postgraduate students of nutrition, dietetics, nursing and medicine; other hospital doctors in a variety of specialties, in particular gastrointestinal medicine, and nutritional therapists and other complementary therapists.