CHOICE IN END OF LIFE CARE: GOVERNMENT RESPONSE
Published 5th July 2016 – This document is the government’s response to the independent review of choice in end of life care.
The report details the six commitments that the government has made to the public to end variation in end of life care across the health system by 2020.
• honest discussions between care professionals and dying people
• dying people making informed choices about their care
• personalised care plans for all
• the discussion of personalised care plans with care professionals
• the involvement of family and carers in dying people’s care
• a main contact so dying people and their families know who to contact at any time
The full document is available to download at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/choice-in-end-of-life-care-government-response