Full time (37.5hrs/week), permanent at Dolan Park Hospital, Bromsgrove
The Hospital Group is the UK’s leading private provider of bariatric (obesity) surgery, providing gastric balloon, gastric band, sleeve gastrectomy and gastric bypass surgery. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Registered Dietitian to join our professional and enthusiastic team of clinical and non-clinical staff at our flagship hospital and outpatient clinic (with possible travel to other clinics nationwide), adding to our nationwide team of 10 permanent (6.2 WTE) and 6 bank dietitians.
Required qualifications: Dietetics degree and registration with the Health & Care Professions Council. We will accept applications from newly or recently qualified dietitians – you do not need to have any experience in bariatrics or weight management, although this is welcomed.
- Newly/recently qualified: £22,000 per annum
- Experience in bariatrics/weight management: up to £28,000 per annum dependent on level of experience
- Salary will increase by £500 PA following successful completion of 6 month probationary period. A further increase of £1,000 PA will occur following successful completion of a further 12 months with the company and by a further £2,000 following successful completion of training in gastric band adjustments.
Hours: 37.5 hours a week
Start date: ASAP
Closing date: When sufficient applications received
The role will mainly involve conducting telephone and face to face consultations with pre- and post-op bariatric patients. Depending on available resources, there may also be opportunity to:
- Provide an inpatient dietetic service, seeing patients just before & after surgery
- Update existing and create new patient literature
- Train in performing gastric band adjustments following initial 6-month probationary period (full training will be provided), resulting in a salary increase
- Be involved in clinical audit
- Be involved in training other members initiatives for colleagues in the Obesity Service in order to provide a consistent approach to the delivery of evidence based nutritional information
Please note: Strong IT skills are required as all patient notes are computerized. Touch-typing particularly desirable.
Experience in bariatrics is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided. Your salary will reflect your level of experience in bariatrics.
A comprehensive two week induction programme will be provided (travel will be required – expenses are paid), including shadowing of dietitians, band adjustment nurses, pre-operative surgeon clinics, operations and radiological band adjustments/assessments. You will then commence with your own caseload of patients; however, close support and mentoring will be provided. The dietetic team take part in a monthly conference call, where updates/changes to the service are discussed along with the opportunity to present and discuss case studies and journal articles.
How to apply: Please call the HR Department on 0121 445 0241 or email [email protected] for an application form; alternatively submit your CV via email.